[HELP] spandsp-0.0.3pre22 and * 1.2.9.1 compile error

I’ve downloaded
soft-switch.org/downloads/spands … 3pre22.tgz
soft-switch.org/downloads/snapsh … pp_txfax.c
soft-switch.org/downloads/snapsh … pp_rxfax.c

I’ve installed it with ./configure --prefix=/usr, however I’m unable to compile *:

Could anyone tell me what specific version of spandsp compiles fine?

Hi,
I had the same problem. I solved it by using spandsp 0.0.2pre26 and NOT the files in the test-dirctory.
Iused the files in asterisk 1.2.x.x
But unfortunately my spandsp does not work too. Iget no error messages but at the end there will be an empty tiff file when merging the files before sending.

• not yet a solution, but maybe some beers later…

Ive discovered that version 0.0.3 compiles with svn version only.

asterisk is not reliable with fax according to my experience.
Try with hylafax and a fax modem.

Thanks 4 all your answers, but they all dont?t match my question.
So I?m sure there exist only a few experienced for a help.
I also tried it with hylafax but some special features I need can be realised only with asterfax…

At the moment I recognize the less reliability and I hope for a better spandsp or a T38 support.

Maybe it will work before I become retired… ;-}

Thanks 4 all your answers, but they all dont?t match my question.
So I?m sure there exist only a few experienced for a help.
I also tried it with hylafax but some special features I need can be realised only with asterfax…

At the moment I recognize the less reliability and I hope for a better spandsp or a T38 support.

Maybe it will work before I become retired… ;-}

i’m not convinced they were actually answering you, but the OP of this thread !

uups - I did not want to be misunderstood. But the hint using hylafax can be read in many forums, unfortunately I have to use asterfax ( My headboss… )
I think my asterisk is working well, it is connected to another asterisk by IAX and the job of this machine is the separating the calls into telephone calls and faxcalls. The spandsp is installed without errors, the asterisk is starting without errors and the asterfax is starting without errors, too. When I send an e-mail to a faxnumber the asterfax take it and convert the mail into a tiff-file. This is correct working till now as I can read clearly. Also asterfax is generating the Header file correct. But when starting to merge both files into one fax-compatible tiff, the file is created in the outgoing directory but is length = 0? And no error message!

So I hope for a useful hint or a tricky change in configuration?

SUSE 10.1
Asterisk 1.2.10
Spandsp 0.0.2pre26
java 1.5.0
Asterfax 1.0RC4

Thanks for your help