Help needed

Hello there.

What I’m trying to make is - have an asterisk server with sccp/mgcp/skip/h.323 support to handle calls between various company locations. Let’s say the company has five different locations, internet connections in each one of them and would like to use it via asterisk to do telephone calls. Is this possible with asterisk only and maybe some some GNU/GPL tools without VoIP providers?

Thanx,
Vedran.

Yes it is possible, BUT you have to:

First example: In all five places to have termination to PSTN line ( some card from digium ), so you have to be able to place calls outside your company.

Second: You have in example one termination point for all calls (in example offcie one) and the other offices are connected to that office with VPN or Internet.

… and so on

[quote]Yes it is possible, BUT you have to:
First example: In all five places to have termination to PSTN line ( some card from digium ), so you have to be able to place calls outside your company.
Second: You have in example one termination point for all calls (in example offcie one) and the other offices are connected to that office with VPN or Internet.
[/quote]
OK, that’s what’s confusing me. So, it’s not possible to use ISDN modem for voice calls? I mean, asterisk to do the VoIP thing when people are communicating within the company, and if they’re dialling the numbers outside to use ISDN modem via Asterisk for placing voice calls?
All of the offices have Internet connection so… Any help is appericiated.

Yes, asterisk can work with ISDN.

Have a read of the documentation at voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … I+channels and other documentation on the voip-info site.

[quote=“WillKemp”]Yes, asterisk can work with ISDN.
Have a read of the documentation at voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … I+channels and other documentation on the voip-info site.[/quote]
Will do when I wake up, thnx :smile: :smile: