Help launching a context without a number to call

Hey all, I’m running into a wall here on a project I’m working on for outbound notifications. The system is completely db driven and places all calls using the dial component. To test I have the entrance to the context set as an extension so I dial it and it goes and does its thing. It loops through a list of available contacts, places calls and then hangs up. All that works fine. However, for production it needs to be able to be fired when someone leaves a voicemail in a mailbox. I created a php script that gets the mailbox number from vmail when it’s called from externnotify and writes it to a file for testing to make sure I get the right mailbox which works fine. I was looking at making an AMI call from that script to spawn the start context in the main routine that handles everything db and call related, but seems like AMI always wants a channel passed to it, and since this isn’t actually using an actual “real” extension to connect to (the subroutine handles the outbound call and then bridges the call to the IVR system), how can I invoke the routine? I know this is something others must do all the time, but googling for about 4 hours today hasn’t gotten me any closer to a solution. :cry: Can anyone shed some light on how to accomplish this? TIA all!

Kevin

Use a local channel, that either does the work, or waits whilst hte “outgoing” extension does the work.

Thanks for the reply David. Do you have an example of how that would work/how the call would be made using AMI calls?

Kevin