HELP - Custom web call trigger/transfer setup

Hi,

I am looking to setup Asterisk in the following manner, and wanted to know how to set things up to do this. I want to setup a web interface that would allow me to input 2 numbers, and have Asterisk connect the 2 numbers. I would like it to call number 1, play a short message, and then dial number 2 connecting the 2 people. I would ideally do this using 1 POTS line accessible to the Asterisk box via a cheap modem(not Digium stuff initially while developing this - if possible). I would also like to do this via SIP at some point, and would appreciate any direction to a cheap provider for this type of setup.

Thanks for your help!

Hi

Lots of versions of this out there, But be warned I would use all sip and not pots , SIP has proper call supervision pots does not so you may get stuck calls.

IAn

Hi All,

Anybody else have input? I would like to know if this is possible before dedicating resources to complete this…

Ian,

Can you post links to some examples? Do you know how to go about making this a reality? Is this a custom call script? Any suggestions how to technically go about this? Can you suggest some SIP providers that would make this a possibility to connect landline and cellular phones?

Thanks!