Help calling from VOIP to PSTN through TDM400

Hi,

I am in Italy and I have a TDM400 with FXO modules with asterisk@home installed. I configured an extension and a trunk to dial out through my PSTN line. looking at the AMP panel while dialing a call out through my PSTN I can see the call being routed correctly and the right number being dialed with the access extension correctly removed… ie. I can see extension and trunk turning red… however the phone number I am ringinng never sounds… (I’m calling a phone on another line in my office).

Today I discovered thet if I pick up a phone connected to the same PSTN line Asterisk is using to dial out… I can hear the dial out tones coming through. However the dial tones come through only when I lift the hand set and not before. It appears as if Asterisk or associated hardware/software cannot pick up / open the line. I assume this is something to do with wrong signaling method being used? Anyone know what I have to do?

Can any give me a hand with this I’m really lost!

Regards,

Anthony

[quote=“adawson”]Hi,

I am in Italy and I have a TDM400 with FXO modules with asterisk@home installed. I configured an extension and a trunk to dial out through my PSTN line. looking at the AMP panel while dialing a call out through my PSTN I can see the call being routed correctly and the right number being dialed with the access extension correctly removed… ie. I can see extension and trunk turning red… however the phone number I am ringinng never sounds… (I’m calling a phone on another line in my office).

Today I discovered thet if I pick up a phone connected to the same PSTN line Asterisk is using to dial out… I can hear the dial out tones coming through. However the dial tones come through only when I lift the hand set and not before. It appears as if Asterisk or associated hardware/software cannot pick up / open the line. I assume this is something to do with wrong signaling method being used? Anyone know what I have to do?

Can any give me a hand with this I’m really lost!

Regards,

Anthony[/quote]

OK figured it out by myself :smile: Or rather I’ve just learned the difference between FXO and FXS!!!