Has this long-awaited hour really come?

Having installed Asterisk on one of the machines, I was surprised to find that chan_sip, explicitly specified in modules.conf, was not loaded at startup.
After I said “module load chan_sip.so” from the console, asterisk made a whole tirade about how outdated and unsupported it was, but it still loaded the module.

Alas, with all my great love for everything progressive and advanced, I am not yet ready to open my heart to the pleasures of BDSM and would like to use chan_sip for some time.
For those who like not to answer the question, but to immediately attack with reproaches and teachings, I will say that I have res_pjsip on my home machine. And every need to change something in him once again convinces me that I am not yet ripe for the joys of BDSM.

What do I need to do so that chan_sip continues to be loaded from modules.conf when Asterisk starts?

Grateful for your answer,
Ogogon.

Edit modules.conf to add the line:

load = chan_sip.so

Ogogon, By default Asterisk now has “noload” chan_sip so you must edit modules.conf file to “load” and delete the noload :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very much, colleagues! I looked without glasses and didn’t see this line. That’s why I decided that the module loader was changed so that it would not automatically load chan_sip.

That’s slightly misleading as it doesn’t apply to the latest version (21) which contains no source code for chan_sip.

asterisk/configs/samples/modules.conf.sample at 21 · asterisk/asterisk · GitHub does not contain a noload for chan_sip, but rather the change comment:

mbradeen gtjosephmbradeen and gtjosephchan_sip: Remove deprecated module.

There is no longer anything available to load.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that Asterisk 21 was the “Topic”

It’s the “now” version of Asterisk.

In terms of the subject, the hour has come for anyone using the current latest version.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.