Gateway Problem

Hi all,
I have a problem with my gateway. I bought a GrandStream GXW-4004 gateway and i want to use it with Asterisk.
I connected it with Asterisk using the LAN and everything works perfectly: my analog phones connected to the gateway can call and recive calls to/from softphones and analor phones registered to Asterisk.

The problem is:
the gateway has a PSTN port and i want to use it to connect Asterisk with the PSTN line in order to make calls and recive calls from the PSTN line.
Asterist doesn’t “see” the PSTN port on the gateway and i really don’t know how to solve this problem.

Can someone help me explaning me everything (cose i’m real noob with Asterisk)?

Thank you for your help!

[quote=“bigmez”]the gateway has a PSTN port and i want to use it to connect Asterisk with the PSTN line in order to make calls and recive calls from the PSTN line.
Asterist doesn’t “see” the PSTN port on the gateway and i really don’t know how to solve this problem.

Can someone help me explaning me everything (cose i’m real noob with Asterisk)?

Thank you for your help![/quote]

1. In sip.conf, create an account for the gateway
  2. In extensions.conf, add a dialplan so that incoming and outgoing calls are handled
  3. On the gateway, set proxy=IP_of_asterisk, and userID/password to match the account created in sip.conf. Tell it which extension to call in Asterisk when a call comes in
  4. asterisk -rx “reload”
  5. Call into the gateway from a cellphone, and check that SIP phones ring.