I have upgraded my asterisk to ver 1.2. Before the upgrade my asterisk machine was able to talk to g729 enabled clients but not any more. I am not sure what is causing this. I never got the chance to do “show translations” before upgrade and after the upgrade, below is the output:
Translation times between formats (in milliseconds)
Source Format (Rows) Destination Format(Columns)
Actually, I got the problem solved. It was a problem within zultys. But since, I have already posted, what does the table mean which I have posted in my first post (above). Thanks again guys for all your help.
The table shows the time needed to transcode the audio stream from one codec to another, the source codecs are the rows, the destination codecs are the columns, this time is called translation cost; Asterisk do a codec transcoding (translation) when you have a call with legs using different codecs, reading the table you can see that to transcode from gsm to ulaw takes 2 milliseconds of time.
It clearly shows that my Asterisk has the capabilities to transcode but it is still not be able to connect calls from G.729 users. When a person from a G.729 enabled phone (or proxy) calls, I still get:
I got the same problem. My sip.conf have disallow=all allow=g729.
A Have already purchased the licenses from digium and installed:
linux1*CLI> show g729
0/0 encoders/decoders of 5 licensed channels are currently in use
But when a i try to call another extension, i received the message " No compatible codecs!".
I tryied whithout the disallow=all, only whit allow=g729 and works, but I guess asterisk is using another codec, because the " 0/0 encoders/decoders of 5 licensed channels are currently in use " remains the same.
I have the exact smae prob as trewq above…i see the codec installed, and cli shows i have the codecs, etc, etc, etc…but any incoming alls give me the error no compatible codecs…
this is a major show stopper for me as the SIP provider I have requires G729.
I did have the g729 codecs from sometime in November, but I noticed that the codecs folders on the download site now have 30/1/08 on them, so i am taking it that that codecs have been rebuilt or something, but I do believe they are not the same as the ones I had from November (which did work properly).