Func_callerid.so loaded but callerid function not registered

Bit of a curly one here, at least for me. I have a fresh (rebuilt multiple times this week trying to resolve this) CentOS 7.6.180 core with Asterisk 16.2.0 tar and PJProject2.8. My logs show func_callerid.so is loaded as well as ‘module show’ so the module is definitely loading. However when I use the function in my extensions.conf I get errors. I even tried the ‘connectedline’ function which is part of the same module and the same error occurs. I do have ‘sendrpid=yes’ in my sip.conf but I don’t believe that is relevant in this case.

I am hoping it is something simple. I cannot see anywhere in the documentation or forums that I have to load the function, just the module. Any thoughts?

CODE:
exten = _X.,3,noop(Set Ring Groups {callerid(num)} - {connectedline(num,i)})

RESPONSE:
[Apr 12 08:24:21] ERROR[54252][C-00000001]: pbx_functions.c:608 ast_func_read: Function callerid not registered
[Apr 12 08:24:21] ERROR[54252][C-00000001]: pbx_functions.c:608 ast_func_read: Function connectedline not registered
– Executing [201@from-internal:3] NoOp(“SIP/29B1914A-A3FD-998E-E546C359EBE62A-00000000”, "Set Ring Groups - ") in new stack

Module successfully loaded:
Loading func_callerid.so.
== Registered custom function ‘CALLERPRES’
== Registered custom function ‘CALLERID’
== Registered custom function ‘CONNECTEDLINE’
== Registered custom function ‘REDIRECTING’

Module loaded (from CLI):
module show like caller
Module Description Use Count Status Support Level
func_callerid.so Party ID related dialplan functions (Cal 0 Running core
res_pjsip_caller_id.so PJSIP Caller ID Support 1 Running core
2 modules loaded

CALLERID was registered, but you tried to use callered!

Sorry, I don’t follow what you mean. the command I used is callerid(num)?

exten = _X.,3,noop(Set Ring Groups {callerid(num)} - {connectedline(num,i)})

The dollar symbols don’t seem to paste in but they are there where appropriate.

Variables and therefore function names are case sensitive. ${callerid()} is undefined.

Thanks, I didn’t know that. Clearly I still have a lot to learn about asterisk. ${CALLERID(num)} worked perfectly.
Sorry for the noob question.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.