Frustrated: Cant get Early Media to work!

ok, gonna test it later
can you give me a last hand, how i can use early video, if i call a group, that video is present on all sip phones?
thnx

@david551 , was testing the dialplan, but what happens , so if i call 2002 from 2000 , i see early video , thats goodā€¦ but when i end the call (before i pickup) , 2000 starts calling again (without early video)ā€¦

what could be wrong?

[from-internal-custom]
exten => 2002,1,Progress()
same => n,Dial(SIP/2002)

Thatā€™s a problem with the device.

Or you havenā€™t explained it clearly, in which case the sip set debug on logs are needed to see what is really happening.

ok, will enable debug, and post results later

any idea how i can make it happen on ringgroups? do you think its possible?
or another approach is to setup max contacts for pjsip extensions, and register all my softphones with same extensionsā€¦ will that work?

Asterisk has no such thing as a ring group.

As I already said the code that does early media bridging for the Queue application is different from that for the Dial application.

It looks like I found an old GIT repository before, and the current one does indicate that DIal supports video early media. However, it also indicates that early media is suppressed, in both directions, when there is more than one outgoing channel.

Queue() doesnā€™t seem to support early media, at all.

Iā€™d expect Dial to bridge in the direction you want, when there re multiple callees, but not in the reverse direction.

linphone has small technical paper about what a server has to do what you want. It looks as if video intercoms have to explicitly supported. Itā€™s more than a simple video call, but also not a video conference:

1 Like

hi @david551

thats the log, with this code :
[from-internal-custom]
same => n,Dial(SIP/2002)

created 2 extensions
i call from 2001 to 2002 , on the 2002 i reject the call , then it starts ringing again

if i remove that code, if i then reject the call , there is no second call

There is no evidence of a follow-on call in the log.

you see here :

[2021-10-25 17:56:33] VERBOSE[8266][C-00000003] app_dial.c: Called SIP/2002
then i decline:
[2021-10-25 17:56:38] VERBOSE[2221][C-00000003] chan_sip.c: Got SIP response 603 ā€œDeclineā€ back from 10.8.0.3:4204
and then it calls again:
[2021-10-25 17:56:38] VERBOSE[8266][C-00000003] app_dial.c: Called SIP/2002

See it now. That is FreePBXā€™s doing. It looks as though it is trying to send the call to voicemail, but, maybe, that has proved impossible and it is trying to re-present the call, to rescue it. In any case, Iā€™m not familiar with the FreePBX logic on such things and AGAIN, this is the wrong forum for FreePBX related questions.

ok, gonna setup this week an asteriks server and test againā€¦
going to make also a dialgroup

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+15+Function_DIALGROUP

will a dialgroup call all extensions at the same time in that group? wll early media work then?
can you help me how i need to change that dialplan then?

thnx, really appreciated

DIALGROUP is just a special purpose string manipulation operator for strings with & between elements. Dial will dial endpoints separated by & in parallel.

so not possible then to have early media on multipe endpoints at same time :frowning:

thats chinese for me :slight_smile:

Hi @NoFate ,

the first issue with recalling:
I think you miss ā€˜same => n,Hangupā€™ at the end of your dialplan.

The second issue (Early Media in group call):
I am also looking for a solution where we can have video in early media.
Does anyone have some idea how to get it working?

hey @milos_ladni , that fixed it!!

[from-internal-custom]
same => n,Dial(SIP/2002)
same => n,Hangup

now, only left to have early media in a group/multiple softphones at once
should be possible no? isnt it possible to change that diaplan to call multiple extensions at same time?

I hadnā€™t considered that FreePBX might inlcude the custom context in a way that meant the standard code was still live. What was happening is that you were continuing with the standard FreePBX code from priority 3. If youā€™d used the code on bare Asterisk it would have worked, because there would have been no priority 3.

Iā€™m afraid I assumed youā€™d done something to get the Progress into the FreePBX logic, rather and that was why your log was full of FreePBX code. Otherwise I would have spotted this earlier.

np :slight_smile:
btw, if early video is not suppported in dialgroup/ringgroupā€¦
is there maybe a way to do it manually, by injecting an RTSP stream url? or atleast somekind of still-image? adding like call-info into header?

allthough i dont know the syntac how to inject it to that dialplan

I am also thinking like you :slight_smile:

Injecting a custom header in sip invite SDP with some RTSP or HTTP URL is not a problem.
I have already done something similar for another purpose.
If you develop your own sip devices you can implement this easily.
And this should work between your devices.
But the problem is how to get it working with a standard third-party sip phone.

Still-image is half solution but unfortunately, i am afraid it is also not possible in standard sip.