Forward new info from re-INVITE

I have an Asterisk box between an SBC and another Asterisk.
Incoming calls from the SBC may carry headers with additional infos about the call/caller which need to be forwarded.
I used the dialplan to implement the forwarding of headers in the incoming context of the call and this part works just fine.

The issue I’m facing now is:
Sometimes the additional call/caller infos are not available right away.
In such a case the SBC will issue a re-INVITE once the information is available and set the headers of interest in that re-INVITE.

What I need to do is:

• Catch the re-INVITE (preferrably in the dialplan, but I don’t think this is possible)
  • Look for headers of interest
  • Forward the headers of interest by sending a re-INVITE on the internal leg

Is there a way to do this via Dialplan (guess not), AMI, ARI
or do I need to write my own module (using SIP session supplements)?

All the best

There is no support to do it in anything right now. You’d have to write a C module. There is no real precedent for doing it, so the best way to do it and how to exchange the information is unknown.

Now that’s what I call a quick reply! Thanks.
I might be able to change the SBC in such a way that it sends MESSAGE requests instead.
I know that I can catch out-of-dialog MESSAGE requests in the dialplan but that doesn’t seem to work for in-dialog MESSAGE requests, or does it?

It does not. In-dialog MESSAGE requests just pass through the core and get forwarded without the additional information.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.