Fax to email

I seem to be having the same problem… Just have a simple setup now, a TDM400P with a single FXS and a single FXO.

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,RxFAX(/tmp/fax.tif)

and

[channels]

faxdetect=no
immediate=no
overlapdial=yes

When I call, it answers with the typical fax sounds. When I send something, the sending machine shows “line error”, and doesn’t actually send. Monitoring the line on the sending machine (seperate phone with mute), it sounds like RxFAX() isn’t actually hearing the other end. It continues to send the initial handshake over and over, even though the sending machine is sending the reply handshake, and attempting to send image data…

Anybody have any thoughts?

Asterisk 1.2.9.1
zaptel 1.2.6
spandsp 0.0.2pre26

-Matt-

Bringing this one back from the dead because I’m trying to setup fax to e-mail with Asterisk… No problems receiving faxes (been doing that from day 1), but now we also want to e-mail them instead of just parking them in a fax directory. While searching for an elegant way to do this, I ran across this thread.

What is this, and where did you get, “mewencode”? It looks like the solution I’ve been searching for (simple and direct, as opposed to all those really hideously complicated scripts that google keeps finding for me).

Thanks,
Brian