EXTEN variable

Have you tried the Multi Tenant PBX Manager from Thirdlane?

• Yes
  • No
  • Never heard of it

0 voters

Hello!
I’m evaluating Multi Tenant PBX Manager from Thirdlane, but it isn’t working correct. I’ve emailed Thirdlane, but i think I’ll get faster response here… :wink:

The problem is that I can’t get DID to work correctly.
In extensions.conf I found the use of the EXTEN variable, like this:

[from-outside]
exten => _X.,1,Goto(from-outside-redir,${EXTEN},1)
exten => s,1,Goto(from-outside-redir,${EXTEN},1)

When I’m looking at the CLI while making an incoming call, the EXTEN variable seems to be set to ‘s’, and the call is connected to a default DID named s.
When I replace the variable with my DID number it works, like this:
exten => s,1,Goto(from-outside-redir,0164040005,1)
but this change makes the use of Multi Tenant features impossible!

Is EXTEN a standard Asterisk variable, and where is it set to the correct dialled number?

How to resolve this??

Regards - Tomas C, Comsolvia Sweden

I have not used that software package, but I can tell you that the ${EXTEN} variable is a standard asterisk variable. The variable takes the value of whatever was dialed. For example, if you were to dial internally, the ${EXTEN} variable would save the value of the number that you dialed. If someone dials from an external number, that number gets stored in ${EXTEN} until they press another key to access a menu item. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your answer!

It must be something wrong, the ${EXTEN} variable seems to only contain ‘s’.
In the debug logs I can see my number that I’m calling from and the number I called, but somehow it doesn’t set the variable correct…

I hope it’s OK to post the debug log here:

I’re replaced my phone and IP numbers with <*****>

Can you post the entire extensions.conf? Or at least post the contexts that track the call that you made in the log file? It is just guess work until I know what path you are trying to make it take. Then I might be able to help you.

The ${EXTEN} variable is “s” because thats where the call came into, the “s” extension. Are you perhaps using analog lines? If so then you can’t match the DID and thats why it is using “s”.