Exceptionally long voice queue length queuing to Local

Hi
I have a issue with this log and log repeat again and again, and asterisk freeze and hang,I should restart to work again.

“Exceptionally long voice queue length queuing to Local”

suddenly this was happened beginning of morning on random days

I use debian 8 with asterisk 13.22.0

This happens when something has blocked handling of media from the Local channel. What exactly are you doing with Asterisk? Grabbing a backtrace[1] for a deadlock would allow seeing where it is blocked.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+a+Backtrace

2 Likes

We used in our company for receive call with sip and E1 and “ext to ext” call.
Using backtrace take memory and cpu usage a lot? because server is working now with 100 extentions.

It doesn’t change memory and cpu usage that much, but when getting a backtrace Asterisk will essentially be frozen.

1 Like

thank you for fast reply, because this issue not happen by fixed action, i don’t know when it happen.
so please tell me what i have to do?

The only way to know what is going on at the time is a deadlock backtrace as previously mentioned. Are you sure that’s all you do in your dialplan? Do you use any non-core supported modules? Using things in creative ways?

1 Like

no , just using dialplans and fast-agi

I compile asterisk with those flag.
4 questions:

1. I must run asterisk with “asterisk -g” , that’s it?
  2. When asterisk freeze too work I must use this command “/var/lib/asterisk/scripts/ast_coredumper --running” ?
  3. What below command take time?
  4. After I enter below command , what should I do?

You can run Asterisk using any way you want for a deadlock. Yes, that is the command to run. I don’t understand what you mean by “What below command take time?”. After it’s done you would need to file an issue[1] and provide the result.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira

1 Like

I mean how much time that command takes?

A few seconds to a bit longer, ultimately it depends on the system itself, how much memory is being used by Asterisk, how active it is. The amount of time it takes isn’t a set amount.

1 Like

Sorry for my beginner questions, I never used before, After those 4 or 5 files created, process is done? and I can restart asterisk for work?

The process itself shouldn’t break Asterisk, but if you need to restart to fix your original problem then you’d need to do so.

1 Like

is that possible enabling this debug effect on voices quality?
voices even between 2 extensions had a delay

It is not normal , on problems field , many of them had “x”
is there any relation between enable debugs and this issue?

Per the wiki page:

Enabling DEBUG_THREADS can seriously impact performance and should only be enabled if you suspect a deadlock may be occurring.

MALLOC_DEBUG can also impact performance but the impact is not very noticeable.

So if you did that, then that would be expected. It wasn’t really required yet for this issue. Otherwise you’d need to be more specific on what you did.

1 Like

asterisk don’t freeze after i enable those debug, so tell me what can i do to solving problem?
if i disable again, i cant find first problem, so what can i do?

Don’t enable the debug, but still try to grab the deadlock backtrace when it happens.

1 Like

disable all compiler flag?

Build it however it was experiencing the problem before. The resulting backtrace may still show what is going on.

1 Like