ERROR[10869][C-00000000]: chan_sip.c:14002 initreqprep: The To header was truncated in call .This call setup will fail

ERROR[10869]: chan_sip.c:14002 initreqprep: The To header was truncated in call ‘38ac3e3a233667f3a37500a6f3c7d@192.x.x.x:xxxx’. This call setup will fail.

what is the meaning of this error?

ERROR[10869][C-00000000]: chan_sip.c:14002 initreqprep: The To header was truncated in call ‘6bc21e2b47af02f93e7f06f77a33a@192.x.x.x:xxxx’. This call setup will fail.
failed to extend from 512 to 681
failed to extend from 256 to 656

I can’t find this anywhere…My users are registered but after registering my users i face this error.
Any help will be appreciated. Thnx

Don’t use such long a destination URI. You will get this error if the To header would exceed 255 bytes

It also looks like you have run out of memory, which might indicate a bug (a memory leak) but one would need to know the exact version before even considering whether that was worth pursuing.

char to[256];
 	if (!ast_strlen_zero(p->todnid)) {
 		/*! \todo Need to add back the VXML URL here at some point, possibly use build_string for all this junk */
 		if (!strchr(p->todnid, '@')) {
 			/* We have no domain in the dnid */
			ret = snprintf(to, sizeof(to), "<sip:%s@%s>%s%s", p->todnid, p->tohost, ast_strlen_zero(p->theirtag) ? "" : ";tag=", p->theirtag);
 		} else {
			ret = snprintf(to, sizeof(to), "<sip:%s>%s%s", p->todnid, ast_strlen_zero(p->theirtag) ? "" : ";tag=", p->theirtag);
 		}
 	} else {
 		if (sipmethod == SIP_NOTIFY && !ast_strlen_zero(p->theirtag)) {
 			/* If this is a NOTIFY, use the From: tag in the subscribe (RFC 3265) */
			ret = snprintf(to, sizeof(to), "<%s%s>;tag=%s", (strncasecmp(p->uri, "sip:", 4) ? "sip:" : ""), p->uri, p->theirtag);
 		} else if (p->options && p->options->vxml_url) {
 			/* If there is a VXML URL append it to the SIP URL */
			ret = snprintf(to, sizeof(to), "<%s>;%s", p->uri, p->options->vxml_url);
 		} else {
			ret = snprintf(to, sizeof(to), "<%s>", p->uri);
		}
 	}
	if (ret < 0 || ret >= sizeof(to)) { /* a return value of size or more means that the output was truncated */
		/* We don't have an escape path from here... */
		ast_log(LOG_ERROR, "The To header was truncated in call '%s'. This call setup will fail.\n", p->callid);
	}
1 Like

So how can i fix this problem…???
i’m using “asterisk-11.20.0”…

As I said, use a shorter destination address. Exceeding 255 characters should be quite difficult, but without seeing what parameters have been passed to Dial (or, although you don’t mention a redirection, were included in the incoming Contact header on a 302 redirection), that is the best advice that we give you.

(You could, always, recompile with a larger array, but, if you are breaking the current limit, you are doing something strange.)

1 Like