Enable CallerID .. This is what I have

I did setup my asterisk box to enable callerID for the purpouses of getting past that dreaded message “The number you have does not except anonymous calls”

In extentions.conf

First CID example
;exten => _*82,1,set(DB(CIDBlock/${CHANNEL:4:4})=0)
;exten => _*82,2,Playback(privacy-your-callerid-is)
;exten => _*82,3,Playback(disabled)
;exten => _*82,4,Hangup()

; Enable CallerID Blocking for the dialing extension
;exten => _*81,1,Set(DB(CIDBlock/${CHANNEL:4:4})=1)
;exten => _*81,2,Playback(privacy-your-callerid-is)
;exten => _*81,3,Playback(enabled)
;exten => _*81,4,Hangup()

I also have used this.

exten =>_NXXNXXXXXX,1,Set(CIDBlock=${DB(CIDBlock/CHANNEL:4:4})})

exten =>_NXXNXXXXXX,2,Set(${IF($[${CIDBlock} = 1]?CALLERID(name)=lastname:CALLERID(name)=James)})

exten =>_NXXNXXXXXX,3,Set(${IF($[${CIDBlock} = 1]?CALLERID(number)=0-1-999:CALLERID(number)=206XXXXXXX)})

exten =>_NXXNXXXXXX,4,DIAL(dahdi/1/${EXTEN})
exten =>_NXXNXXXXXX,5,Hangup

Now, shouldnt there be a DB CID embeded within the fourth priority?

206XXXXXXX was substituted for this troubleshooting session. Normally my number goes there.

Either of these do echo back that CallerID is enabled and that Telus should see it. But in CLI, the *82 does not show before the number is dialed. What am I missing?

14 people have looked at this posting and no one has a idea why I cannot get CallerID enabled to work?

Hi

I assume you commented out all the sections for a reason? But anyway, the trunk you are using is a pots line correct? if it is then the callerID is set by the telco. you need to test with a butt set and see if callerID is sent .

Ian

The *82 dial extention was first tested to see if it would work which it was not. So that section was commented out. found another article on the subject and used the asterisk database as a option.

We do not have CID because it is my wife phone account but, you can dial *82 on the analog line and the CID will be seen on another phone. I want asterisk to dial *82 wait one second or so then it would dial the regular number. So far the examples that I have seen do not work.

Thanks

In that case forget Asterisk CALLERID since that is not relevant to what you’re asking for. As you say, when you dial *82, your telco will provide the CID. What you’re asking for is a way to configure the Dial command so that it includes *81 or *82 followed by the called number. For instance:

DIAL(dahdi/1/*82${EXTEN})

According to the Dial command reference, you can include a pause with “w” in the string (I haven’t tried it):

DIAL(dahdi/1/*82w${EXTEN})

If you want to turn CID on/off at the same time as dialling, you may need to “escape” the “*” because it can be interpreted in other ways, and can depend on handset. Consider dialling a different prefix, or doubling it to “**” to end up with a Dial command such as:

exten => _**81X!,1,DIAL(dahdi/1/*81w${EXTEN:4})

Hope some of this helps. (Please note that none of the above Dial commands have been tested; they are just to get the idea across so they may contain errors.)

I modified the dial plan to match your context and so far All I get is a very slow responce. 10-15 seconds latter I get no responce from cli but a dial tone come though my polycom speaker.

What else could be the answer to this?

[quote=“JamesK”]I modified the dial plan to match your context and so far All I get is a very slow responce. 10-15 seconds latter I get no responce from cli but a dial tone come though my polycom speaker.

What else could be the answer to this?[/quote]Firstly, to try to gain a better understanding in the forum, could you respond to the assertion I made about what I think you’re trying to achieve–do you agree, or was I off the mark? Secondly I gave several DIAL commands to illustrate what I was saying about different aspects of how you might go about that. You don’t say how you’ve changed your config, so I suggest you post the config as it is now, and folks can take a look and try to help.

Hi James

The w option is realy only best used at the begining of a dial string to wait for dialtone.

What you have to do is pickup the line dial the code to enable callerID and then the number .

This is best acheived by using the D and w option.

so it would look similar to

exten => *81X.,1,Dial(dahdi/1/*81,180,D(wwww${EXTEN:3})

I think I havent got any systems to hand with it set at the moment

Ian

I did get a busy and of course contect does not match. It should be *81,1,
The call did go though on cli but that was as far as it went.
Cli did respond after initiallizing CID enable context but it also took 30 second before I heard dial tone. Cli did not show the 11 digit number I was dialing and also got the recording from my CLEC that I could not get though gecause CID enabled was not on.