Dial directly into an IVR or Call Queue?

Hi,

I am running asterisk@home and would like to find a way to dial directly into an IVR or Call Que (from an internal extension), is this possible?

If not is it possible to divert an extension if unanswered into an IVR or queue?

Thanks in advance,
Andy.

you mean you want to be able to dial an extension and be dumped directly into queue?

sure, easy:

as for an IVR:

[exampleIVR]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Background(IVR_PROMPT) ; press 1 for sales, 2 for tech support...
exten => 1,1,Queue(SALES)
exten => 2,1,Queue(TECH)
exten => 3,1,Dial(SIP/100,15,rt)

There you go - you play a background message (press 1 for sales, 2 for tech support, 3 for the operator). if they press 1 or 2, they get dumped into the appropriate queue, and if they press 3, it dials extension 101 (my arbitrary operator).

this is just something i came up with off the top of my head - you’d want to add in timeout settings, and probably an invalid message. if you want to do multiple level IVRs, look at the READ command - i’ve found several great uses for it.

Hate to butt into someone else’s issues but I think this is appropriate:
I created the code in
extensions_custom.conf but several questions
First, it didn’t work, where do you get the queue name? Is it exactly what’s listed in the window under queue setup?
Does the code go in the above file?
Thanks

queue name is defined in queues.conf - that is a whole other ball of wax.

here is a great primer on queues: voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … ueues.conf

This code is missing a “WAITEXTEN” line!

[exampleIVR]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Background(IVR_PROMPT) ; press 1 blablabla…
exten => s,3,WaitExten(5)
exten => 1,1,Queue(SALES)
exten => 2,1,Queue(TECH)
exten => 3,1,Dial(SIP/100,15,rt)

[quote=“whoiswes”]
this is just something i came up with off the top of my head - you’d want to add in timeout settings, and probably an invalid message.[/quote]

thanks, told you it was something quick… :laughing: