Device states problem- Corosync

Hi,
I am using Corosync v1.4.1 to distribute device states between 2 Asterisk servers. I am getting 4 different nodes but I only have 2 running and in my /etc/corosync/corosync.conf I only defined 2 nodes which are 192.168.1.110 and 192.168.1.111. How do I remove the other 2? I also created a hint in extensions.conf to test my config and changed its state from the asterisk cli and its state did not even show up on the other Asterisk server. Thank you.

node2*CLI> corosync show members

=============================================================
=== Cluster members =========================================

===
=== Node 1
=== --> Group: asterisk
=== --> Address 1: 192.168.1.110
=== Node 2
=== --> Group: asterisk
=== --> Address 1: 192.168.1.111
=== Node 3
=== --> Group: pcmk
=== --> Address 1: 192.168.1.110
=== Node 4
=== --> Group: pcmk
=== --> Address 1: 192.168.1.111

node2*CLI> corosync show config

=============================================================
=== res_corosync config =====================================

===
=== ==> Publishing Event Type: device_state
=== ==> Subscribing to Event Type: device_state
=== ==> Publishing Event Type: ping
=== ==> Subscribing to Event Type: ping

=============================================================

Howdy,

You might want to ask the asterisk-users mailing list (lists.digium.com) also, as I’m not sure how many res_corosync users there are on these forums.

Cheers

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for your reply, I m already subscribed to the mailing list but as you already pointed out there aren’t many res_corosync users out there. Basically my problem is that I have a cluster of 2 Asterisk servers (active/passive setup) using Corosync and Pacemaker, with ACD queues stored on a MySQL database using dynamic realtime. The reason behind this setup is that I do not want the queues to get disconnected if anything happened to the live server. I purposely disabled the live server and the passive server took over as expected. In the meantime I started calling my Asterisk server but my call got disconnected. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Are you saying active calls got disconnected or new calls to the newly active server got disconnected

a bit of verbose output might help to see whats happening…

Calls to the newly active server work as expected. The problem is that I had calls waiting in the queue on the ‘then active’ Asterisk server, those calls got disconnected when the server failed. I want to preserve calls that are waiting in the queue even if the active server fails. Basically I want the newly active server to be awair of the calls in the queue on the other server so that the user doesn’t notice that the active server failed. Thanks.

Hi
As far as im aware Asterisk doesn’t support this, unless some work has been done to add this support.

Thanks