Database connection to a PBX system

There are some services in US like when you are sick or something else and you won’t go to work, you call a number, enter your pin number and your password to inform that you won’t go to work. The software records these data to a database then they can create a report where you work by these infos. How can a system like this created? Is is logical to use asterisk for this?

thanks

Yes, Asterisk may be used for this as it may be integrated to a database quit easily in multiple ways. I suggest you have a look at the book:

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … +Telephony

As well as the database capabilities of Asterisk:

voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … +cmd+MYSQL

And, of course, with an AGI:

voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … terisk+AGI

thanks for the reply!

I need max 1-2 lines connected for this project. Which hardware do you suggest for me to connect them to asterisk?

thanks again!

[quote=“erol”]thanks for the reply!

I need max 1-2 lines connected for this project. Which hardware do you suggest for me to connect them to asterisk?

thanks again![/quote]

I would recommend using a VoIP service and not bother with any hardware in your Asterisk, especially for such a small application. Depending on the country you plan to set this up and service with, this would determine which provider might work best.

yeah, a voip provider is your best bet as most will allow at least 2-3 simultaneous channels. Otherwise, check out the digium tdm400 series

I live in Turkey and there is no VOIP providers here so I need to buy a TDM400 series card I guess. Do you suggest any online store which I can buy it online?

digium.com .