I have the following problem at a client installation and he is very close to throwing the system out and going for another solution. For background, we are in South Africa (Gauteng Province)
- All calls routing and connecting.
- No hangups in calls
- SIP connections are using codec G.711 (u and a law doing the same thing)
- No audible echo
- Silence suppression on FXS gateway off
- Intermittently, certain calls from extensions (via SIP gateway) to PRI lines have sound breaking up. There are gaps in the sound, which is more noticeable on the SIP side.
- However, SIP to SIP calls have very good quality
- In the basic setup there is no NAT, all equipment connected to same switch (which has been replaced) in same room.
- Call volume is about 350 calls per hour.
1 x HP ML110 G5 Server, Dual core pentium, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
1 x Digium TE121 with hardware echo cancellation connected to E1 line with PRI
1 x Grandstream GP2000 SIP phone
Multiple Octtel FXS gateways for extensions serving appr. 48 extensions
Elastix 1.5.2-2 with
# Span 1: WCT1/0 "Wildcard TE121 Card 0" (MASTER) span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4 # termtype: te bchan=1-15,17-31 dchan=16 # echocanceller=oslec,1-15,17-31 # Global data loadzone = za defaultzone = za
rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
;Uncomment these lines if you have problems with the disconection of your analog lines
[code]; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Thu Oct 22 10:25:03 2009 – do not hand edit
; Dahdi Channels Configurations (chan_dahdi.conf)
; This is not intended to be a complete chan_dahdi.conf. Rather, it is intended
; to be #include-d by /etc/chan_dahdi.conf that will include the global settings
; Span 1: WCT1/0 “Wildcard TE121 Card 0” (MASTER)
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 1-15,17-31