Dahdi mix audio

Hi,
How does dahdi mix audio? In the dahdi-base.c?

What makes you think it mixes audio at all?

I want to develop vedio-conference based on asterisk.So,first I need to find where does dahdi mix audio

Dahdi doesn’t mix audio for conferences. That is done in app_meetme, or the the new, alternative, conference application.

In app_meetme?
I just know a little from voip-info.com: voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … ConfBridge
it is said that "ConfBridge is an application for Asterisk starting with the 1.6.2.* series. ConfBridge is very similar in features to MeetMe, but unlike MeetMe, ConfBridge does not perform audio mixing using DAHDI. Instead, audio mixing is performed within the internals of Asterisk."
So I think audio mixing is in DAHDI

Thank you

voipinfo.org isn’t the most reliable source. The difference in question is where they get their timing from. app_meetme relied on dahdi for frame rate timing (historically, circuit switched cards were the best source of fast timers).

— Looks like it may have been right this time, though :frowning:.

MeetMe uses a DAHDI pseudo device for mixing; ConfBridge does soft mixing, without the requirement for DAHDI. You should look into the video capabilities provided by ConfBridge in Asterisk 10:

wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … fBridge+10

[quote=“malcolmd”]MeetMe uses a DAHDI pseudo device for mixing; ConfBridge does soft mixing, without the requirement for DAHDI. You should look into the video capabilities provided by ConfBridge in Asterisk 10:

wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … fBridge+10[/quote]
My version is 1.8,the ConfBridge in Asterisk 10 already has the video capabilities?Did you test?
Thank you

[quote=“david55”]voipinfo.org isn’t the most reliable source. The difference in question is where they get their timing from. app_meetme relied on dahdi for frame rate timing (historically, circuit switched cards were the best source of fast timers).

— Looks like it may have been right this time, though :frowning:.[/quote]

Thank you very much
I will check out app_meetme again!

[quote=“gnm1c”]
My version is 1.8,the ConfBridge in Asterisk 10 already has the video capabilities?Did you test?
Thank you[/quote]

I think Malcolm is quite close to the developers of this feature!

Yes, I did test it. And, I wrote the Wiki page.

Thank you very much!

[quote=“david55”][quote=“gnm1c”]
Thank you[/quote]

I think Malcolm is quite close to the developers of this feature![/quote]
:smile: Thank you!