Dahdi Error (chan_dahdi.c:2981 my_handle_dchan_exception)

Hi All,

I have successfully installed TE420 Digium card with asterisk 1.8, the issue is only 50% calls are successfully made. On asterisk CLI i found this error message continuously on all 4 spans when ever any PRI got event.

[color=#FF0040][Nov 25 01:40:10] NOTICE[16820]: chan_dahdi.c:2981 my_handle_dchan_exception: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on D-channel of span 1
[Nov 25 01:41:27] NOTICE[16822]: chan_dahdi.c:2981 my_handle_dchan_exception: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on D-channel of span 3
[Nov 25 01:41:47] NOTICE[16823]: chan_dahdi.c:2981 my_handle_dchan_exception: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on D-channel of span 4
[Nov 25 01:42:09] NOTICE[16821]: chan_dahdi.c:2981 my_handle_dchan_exception: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on D-channel of span 2[/color]

kindly help me out and will appericate your kind and quick response…

Thanks.

NOTICE messages are not error messages. You should ignore them unless the system is actually not working.

If these are real Digium cards, you should contact Digium’s commercial support people.

An HDLC abort is 7 or more consecutive mark states received on the line, with no bit stuffing. If there is a real fault, this may indicate a misconfiguration of the actual signalling used, or a fault at the remote end.

Thanks David,

Yes i have original Digium card, i never take commercial support before kindly, share the procedure that how can i avail this support from Digium.

I saw 50% call are make plz share the troubleshooting steps…

Thanks in advance

Howdy,

digium.com/support

Open a support case.

Cheers.

This is signaling issue, i had this problem before just you need to disable the crc4 in both end or enable it on both ends

regards
ibrahim

Thanks ibrahim,

I have already done this :smile: , this issue was resolved by disabling CRC on /etc/dahdi/systems.conf file.

Be in touch in future…

OK thanks i am happy to hear that from you

regards
ibrahim

Hi All,

Will you solved to disabled crc4 from /etc/dahdi/system.conf file ??

The original solution was to set both ends of the line to the same configuration. Disabling crc4 will not be a panacea for this syymptom.

Thanks david.

Could you please jot down which configuration we will match with telco end ? waiting for your reply please