Current Sip Client Information

Hi,

I want to build a application (in C++,java or PHP) to show  status information of asterisk's sip clients ( I am using X-Lite Soft phones as my sip clients).
   (1)    I want to show information of current active sip clients both source and destination parties and when they hangup informatyion should be updated accordingly in this application.
   (2) I want to see their call times e.g Dialed Time, Answered Time.

Kindly guide me in this regard how can i get information from asterisk to this external independent application. I am newbee to asterisk threfore it is requested to guide me in detail.

Thanks,

look here: voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+manager+API

i have a small PHP app that pulls the information you are talking about and displays it for our managers to monitor. i also have an app that allows for one-click monitoring of our agents, as well as queue sign-in/sign-out.

the core code is one function that opens a socket connection to asterisk and passes the manager commands - once you have that written, the rest is just passing data back and forth.

good luck, hope this helps.

[quote=“whoiswes”]look here: voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+manager+API

i have a small PHP app that pulls the information you are talking about and displays it for our managers to monitor. i also have an app that allows for one-click monitoring of our agents, as well as queue sign-in/sign-out.

the core code is one function that opens a socket connection to asterisk and passes the manager commands - once you have that written, the rest is just passing data back and forth.

good luck, hope this helps.[/quote]
I have tried and successful in Connecting my application to Asterisk Manager API and executing login and logoff actions. I have sip clients (soft phone sip clients-X-lite). Now i want to display currently active sip clients( clients which are busy talking)
Request for guidance for Action that i may execute to get this information

Thanks,

if you’d look at the link i sent, it’s all right there - click on the link for the Status Manager command…

voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … ion+Status

all you need to do is parse the results (i used PHP to build a 2 dimensional array of all of the values) or just spit them out via text.

Hell, here is a prebuilt manager app that I found that does the exact same thing - telephreak.org/code/basic/