Core show hints issue

Hello to all users!
first of all, i quite new in asterisk / pbx, so please do not shoot me if i ask stupid questions.
Since today i notice that some extensions appear idle, even that they are disconnected. ( i have a php script that use command “core show hints” to display if the extensions are idle. in use, or unavailable.

for example the extension 1201, which is disconnected:
using core show hints

1201@ext-local      : PJSIP/1201&Custom:DN  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0

using pjsip list endpoints

Endpoint:  1201/1201                                            Unavailable   0 of inf

I use soft-phone (linphone).
I check the extensions, and is configurated exactly like (for example) 1202 which is working ok.

Can you tell me where is the problem?
PS. the system was ok until today. i didn`t change anything . I try tio delete the extension and re-create, restart / reboot. the problem persists…

The hint is a combination of the PJSIP endpoint and a Custom device state. If the Custom device state is available, then the state would read as “Idle” in that instance. Hint extension state is a combination of all provided devices, if one is available then the hint is available.

So, there is a way to display Unavailable wen the endpoint is disconnected ?

If there is no custom device state in the hint, or the custom device state is set to unavailable then the hint would recognize as unavailable.

For example:
core show hints

2701@ext-local      : PJSIP/2701&Custom:DN  State:Unavailable     Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
1202@ext-local      : PJSIP/1202&Custom:DN  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
1203@ext-local      : PJSIP/1203&Custom:DN  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
1201@ext-local      : PJSIP/1201&Custom:DN  State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0

vs
pjsip list endpoints

Endpoint:  2701/2701                                            Unavailable   0 of inf
Endpoint:  1202/1202                                            Not in use    0 of inf
Endpoint:  1203/1203                                            Unavailable   0 of inf
Endpoint:  1201/1201                                            Unavailable   0 of inf

the extensions 1201 and 1203 are offline. 2701 and 1202 are online.

how cand 1203 and 1201 to be Unavailable when i use core show hints ?

I’ve already stated why, the custom device state also controls the hint state. If it’s set to unavailable… it would be unavailable. If you are using FreePBX you would need to contact them as that is something they control in their software.