Changing order of matching extensions

Blockquote
As per the documentation “The order of matching within a context is always exact extensions, pattern match extensions, includes, and switches.”. My dialplan looks like this:

[context_one]
include => context_two
Exten => _X.,1,Dial(DAHDI/${EXTEN})

[context_two]
Exten => _300X.,1,Noop()
 same => n, PlayBack(beep)
 same => n, Hangup()

Exten => _440X.,1,Noop()
 same => n, PlayBack(you-dialed-wrong)
 same => n, Hangup()

Dialing 30000 or 4400 will never work since the priority is Exact, pattern and only then include. Is there any way around this? Could I do this with a GoSub or some other way? I am trying to block calls where people try to call a country but add an invalid 0. One option that comes to mind is a very long regexp match but it will have 200+ conditions to check and that would be rather messy not to mention may not work because of the length of the line.

TIA.

Dovid

try this

[context_two]
Exten => _300X.,1,Noop()
 same => n, PlayBack(beep)
 same => n, Hangup()

Exten => _440X.,1,Noop()
 same => n, PlayBack(you-dialed-wrong)
 same => n, Hangup()

[context_one](context_two)
Exten => _X.,1,Dial(DAHDI/${EXTEN})

The simplest thing I think is simply move the catch all (_X., which by the way, is probably not what you want, but _X! instead), into an include, putting it on an equal basis with the others.

The other patterns should then match before that one does.

Another approach is to have a context containing pattern matches of blocked destinations, can you use DIALPLAN_EXISTS or EVAL_EXTEN to check for existence of a pattern before proceeding.

But yeah, sometimes things are clunky. For example, there’s no elegant way to pattern match toll free numbers in the NANPA, either.

If using DAHDI, non-ISDN, I think X! would be wrong, as I believe it will detect end of number prematurely.

I’m talking about routing here, independent of the technology.

_X. detects more than 1 digit, while _X! detects 1 or more digits. For that reason, _X. is rarely ever correct in practice. It won’t match the extension “0”, for instance.

For that matter, _X! is often not correct either, a “complete match” would be _[0-9A-D*#]!

! terminates the match quickly, and is much more than the difference between [0-9]* and [0-9]+ in standard regular expression notation.

The documentation is a bit confusing, and I haven’t deciphered the code in detail, but in a situation where digits arrive one by one, _X! will declare end of number according to one of the following interpretations:

• immediately on receiving one digit; or

• immediately on receiving a digit that isn’t compatible with a more specific pattern.

As I said, I’m ignoring cases where digits are arriving one by one. That’s a whole another can of worms.

I’m referring to cases where you already have a full extension and are routing it around the dialplan.

If you sent a call to a context with a _X. pattern match, 99% of the time that is simply wrong, taking the trivial example that the 0 extension will not match here.

Even in the case you’re referring to, _X. will still terminate after getting 2 or more digits so if digits are arriving one by one, such as with simple switch or WaitExten, it is still likely the wrong pattern.

Just my observation that I have pretty much never seen anyone use this pattern correctly, only people try to use it as a catch all when they meant to use _X!, or something even more robust, instead. Newbies make this mistake a lot.

The _X. pattern has a built in wait for more digits before it matches while _X! has no such wait. Another way to say it is that _X. is greedy and _X! is not greedy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.