Centrex trunks and transfers

A customer has 4 Centrex lines. The Centrex system would allow somebody to flash-hook transfer calls between extensions and also transfer the trunk so that the “main” trunk would be freed for the next caller. Kinda like an inside-out rollover plan.

Has anybody setup * to work with a Centrex system so that the Centrex trunk gets transferred along with the extension?

you can do this if its a zap channel, this probably wont work thru an ata or gateway device:

exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Flash()
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,SendDTMF(${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXXXXX,3,Hangup()

…you get the idea right?

[quote=“IronHelix”]
…you get the idea right?[/quote]

I get the idea. I’m still in the dark as to how we’re going to tell the Centrex that we want to transfer the “POTS” line so as to free up the main number? Is this something that happens magically under the hood, or is it something that we’re going to have to explicitly request the Centrex to do?

TIA…

hmmm thats a good question and the answer depends on what centrex you use. There may be some kind of DTMF code for explicit transfer rather than just 3way call. My thing just flashes, dials the destination and then hangs up, you might want to modify it to add whatever code is required

say the code is *22, you would do
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,SendDTMF(*22${EXTEN})

but no magic happens behind the scenes, you have to figure out what the centrex wants to see and then make Asterisk do it.