Please forgive my lack of telephony knowledge but we are trying to find our way blindly through the dark and just need to know if we should head in the Asterisk direction. The problem I am trying to solve is this:
• Call comes in to an existing phone number (may be PSTN, VOIP, or cell)
• Forward those calls to an external application with a database of accepted phone numbers (white list)
• If the caller number is on the white list send it back to the original receiving phone
• If the caller is not on the list send to voicemail or forwarding number
• Must use receiving phone’s existing numbers (preferably whether the number is PSTN, VOIP, or cellular), can not port the user’s existing number to another provider
• Must not use simultaneous ring
• Must compare incoming calls to a white list
• Must route white listed numbers to original number
• Must route all other numbers to another number or voicemail
Is this even possible?
If so, can Asterisk solve this?
If not, can anything?
I sure hope this doesn’t come across as a stupid question, a thousand pardons for my ignorance.