CallerId issue

Hi…

…first of all sorry for my english :wink:

I use asterisk 1.2 (bristuff-0.3.0-PRE-1y-m) . I have several isdn phones connected to the pbx using a hfc card (NT mode). A second capi-card is configured for TE mode. Further there are some sip clients.

My problem is that all the isdn phones display an additional 0 at the beginning of the callerid while sip clients show the correct number.
For example if someone with number 12345 calls me, the isdn phones show 012345 but sip clients show 12345 ( and that is what I want). Cutting of the first digit of the callerid leads to the desired behaviour on my isdn phones but leads to a missing digit on my sip-clients.

My zapata.conf for the card in NT-mode contains:

nationalprefix = 0
internationalprefix = 00

My capi.conf for the card in TE mode contains the same:

nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00

How to solve this issue?

thanks in advance!

Michael

Shorti,

can you give some more information. Does the problem occur when making internal calls (ISDN-> SIP or ISDN->ISDN) or with external incoming calls.

With your answer I might be able to help you.

Turboproc

[quote=“shorti”]Hi…

…first of all sorry for my english :wink:

I use asterisk 1.2 (bristuff-0.3.0-PRE-1y-m) . I have several isdn phones connected to the pbx using a hfc card (NT mode). A second capi-card is configured for TE mode. Further there are some sip clients.

My problem is that all the isdn phones display an additional 0 at the beginning of the callerid while sip clients show the correct number.
For example if someone with number 12345 calls me, the isdn phones show 012345 but sip clients show 12345 ( and that is what I want). Cutting of the first digit of the callerid leads to the desired behaviour on my isdn phones but leads to a missing digit on my sip-clients.

nationalprefix = 0
internationalprefix = 00

nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00

How to solve this issue?

thanks in advance!

Michael[/quote]

Hi…

…the problem occurs from extern to intern via ISDN. ISDN phones display the wrong callerid, sip phones don’t do this. internal calls show the same behaviour. SIP phones show the correct callerid, ISDN phones prepend a zero.

Michael

Hi
My guess is the folowing may give a clue[code]

nationalprefix = 0
internationalprefix = 00

nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
[/code]

try commenting it out and see what happens

Hi,

could you make a call trace of both the connection to your ISDN provider (extern) and thew internal connection to your ISDN phone.

You can do this from CLI with the command “q931 debug span 1” and “q931 debug span 2”

(Maybe you have to change q931 to bri, can’t check it here and replace the 1 and 2 by the appropriate span numbers).

Next make a call and see what happens. If you post the trace the solution is close.