Caller-id on incoming voip-calls

Maybe this is easy, but I am a asterisk beginner …

I am using asterisk with only ip-phones and SIP-proxy (voipbuster.com).

I have incoming voip-calls from voipbuster routed to a Grandstream-488 ATA on my local network. This works fine. But the caller-id shown on the display of my phone (connected to my ATA) shows “asterisk” instead of the phonenumber of the caller.

When I use the Grandstream-488 directly with SIP connecting to voipbuster (so without using Asterisk), I do see the phonenumber of the calling-party, so I think the number is sent.

Can I configure asterisk so that it repeats the caller-id code to the extention (my ATA) ??

I would expect this to work by default - it certainly does for me. I’ve never done anything to explicitly make Asterisk send the CID number, it just does it.

Are you sure it’s not the way the ATA’s configured?

I don’t know if this will help you, but have you had a look at

voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=HT-488

[quote=“WillKemp”]I would expect this to work by default - it certainly does for me. I’ve never done anything to explicitly make Asterisk send the CID number, it just does it.

Are you sure it’s not the way the ATA’s configured?
[/quote]

I don’t think it’s ATA configuration, because it is receiving a CID (“asterisk”) so this CID must be made by asterisk.

How to you route incoming calls from voip ?
I have the following entry in extensions.conf :

exten => xxxx,1,Dial(SIP/grandstream1) exten => xxxx,2,Hangup
(where xxxx is the accountname for incoming calls and grandstream1 is the sipaccount (friend) from my ATA which is on my local-net (192.168)

[quote=“WillKemp”]I don’t know if this will help you, but have you had a look at

http://voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=HT-488[/quote]

I did not see this page before but it is not the solution for my “problem”.
The last post on there is from a guy who has the same ISP as me and probably lives around 25km from me :smile: (unfortunately there is no email adress of him there)

That’s the CIDname. It’s probably also being sent the CIDnumber - maybe it’s displaying the wrong one. If in doubt, configure extensions.conf to only send the number - i.e., set the CID with the number and a null name. And see what happens.

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk … n+commands

voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?pag … g+sip.conf

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … +Telephony