Building dahdi on fedora22 and "certs/signing_key.pem: No such file or directory"

Hi,
When downloading and building the latest dahdi-linux from git, it fails build due to a missing signing_key.pem file, apparently included with the kernel?

git clone git://git.asterisk.org/dahdi/linux dahdi-linux

cd dahdi-linux

make install

At main.c:222:

• SSL error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory: bss_file.c:169
  • SSL error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file: bss_file.c:172
    sign-file: certs/signing_key.pem: No such file or directory

I’ve located the certs directory in /usr/src/kernels/4.3.4-200.fc22.x86_64/certs/ but there is no signing_key.pem there. How is this file generated?

Am I downloading dahdi incorrectly?

The certs/signing_key.pem file is typically generated as part of the kernel build and is not something that DAHDI needs to install.

I believe it is safe to ignore those errors. The fedora 22 kernel is configured to automatically sign modules, but the pem file used to sign the modules is not shipped with the kernel. As long as you do not have enforcemodulesig=1 set on the kernel command line, the kernel will still load unsigned modules.

I did however look to see if there was a “standard” way to quiet the errors about missing certs/signing_key.pem and came up empty.

Is DAHDI able to properly load in your system?

1 Like

Yes, it did install properly. It didn’t appear so at first. I had to restart dahdi to load the modules more than once.

HI i am facing same issue while running make install

OpenSSL: error:14077419:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert access denied
Unable to establish SSL connection.

any suggestions

Thanks

You are clearly not having the same problem. Please start your own thread, with more information. I think I would expect some logging about downloading sound or firmware files.

1 Like