First of all, before anybody starts telling me off, although I am a newbie, before posting this I did the following:
- Learned linux basic commands
- Performed succesful linux installs and configs
- Installed and updated asterisk and the gui
- After seeing how problematic gui is, did all editing by hand
- Learned to use the CLI of asterisk
- searched every major and minor source of voip info via google.
When I restart asterisk, broadvoice registration just keeps timing out. I saw elsehwre a solution which I implements, which is to change the IP in the etc/hosts so you are registering to a different broadvoice proxy. This works for now, but what happens when a network blink sometime on a workday disconnects and we cannot reconnect? They will have to track me down and I do this crazy thing?
Anybody have a better answer, and switching providers is probably not answer, even though we just started with broadvoice.