Avaya tie trunk with Tiger Networks 3xxx ISDN card

Hello gurus,

I’m a newbie to building an asterix pbx box. So far I have installed Cent OS 6.5/Asterix 11/Dahdi.
My card that I am using is the single span Digium card, TE110P. Upon running dahdi_genconf and restarting dahdi and asterix services. Dahdi_scan shows an alarm of RED on the card. Is this normal? I haven’t connected any voice cross over cable to the avaya ds1 card yet. Upon making a simple loop back plug, the alarm changes to RED/Yellow.
I’m curious to know if the RED alarm is normal for a fresh gen-configured card? All my reading so far states RED should go away once you plug in a loop back plug.

Kind Regards,
J

Did you connect a cable to the digium card?

Best method of testing is to plug in a E1/T1 loopback connector

kb.digium.com/articles/FAQ/How-d … -connector

Hello Meightee,

Yup. Created that cable. After doing so, alarms in dahdi_scan changed from red – red/yellow
I guess as per that kb though it would seem any alarm means a faulty card?

Kind Regards,
J

No,

Can also mean wrong configuration.

Did you try the loopback adaptor?

I would try that as well, after that, start checking your configu.

Good luck.

yup. I get red/yellow alarms with the loopback connector. without it, just red.

Mods,

this topic can be closed…I realized my error…didn’t crimp by loopback cable hard enough…created another one, and voila. no alarms.

Kind Regards,
J

With that card you should qualify for support from Digium. This forum does not provide support from Digium.

Howdy,

We quit selling the TE110 more than 7 years ago. We don’t provide any support or service on it:

digium.com/en/products/end-of-life

I think you may have a trade mark protection problem!

Someone is still selling them “as new” with website branding using both the Digium and Asterisk names, which confused my quick check for whether it was a current product.

Hah, we do our best to enforce, but there are a world of unscrupulous people out there. It’s really unfortunate. :frowning: