Asterisknow playtone

I am trying to record a call and play a tone every 15sec the tone will play when call is ring but then stops. can someone help me???

exten => 4220,1,Dial(SIP/4220,20,rt)
exten => 4220,1,Answer
exten => 4220,2,Playtones(record)
exten => 4220,n,Voicemail(u4220)
exten => 4220,s+1,Hangup

Check out either AutoMon (1 touch recording) or the Monitor functions.

But now the question becomes how to get Monitor() to beep every once in a while. I was sure it was supported. It’s typically a legal issue if you don’t at least beap once in a while. I just don’t see it right now.

asteriskguru.com/tutorials/monitor.html

I have try using that but no beep tone.

I haven’t found anything. The problem is that once you execute the Dial() function it’s hard to do much else. I can’t help here, but what’s needed is another channel to be mixed with the incomming channel, and have that channel making beeping sounds.

[other-channel]
s,1(start),wait(15)
s,2,beep
s,3,goto(start)

But I don’t know how to mix channels, so none of that will work unless you find a way.

forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re … 40987.html

They point out that it might be easier to just say “This call will be recorded”

yeah i know we need the beep tone for state, how about a meetme bridge??

Thanks for your help.

I just stumbled over something you might be able to hack into what you need. Look at the “L” flag of the DIAL command.

[quote]L(x[:y][:z]): Limit the call to ‘x’ ms, warning when ‘y’ ms are left, repeated every ‘z’ ms) Only ‘x’ is required, ‘y’ and ‘z’ are optional. The following special variables are optional for limit calls: (pasted from app_dial.c)
LIMIT_PLAYAUDIO_CALLER - yes|no (default yes) - Play sounds to the caller.
LIMIT_PLAYAUDIO_CALLEE - yes|no - Play sounds to the callee.
LIMIT_TIMEOUT_FILE - File to play when time is up.
LIMIT_CONNECT_FILE - File to play when call begins.
LIMIT_WARNING_FILE - File to play as warning if ‘y’ is defined. If LIMIT_WARNING_FILE is not defined, then the default behaviour is to announce (“You have [XX minutes] YY seconds”).[/quote]

So how about using that (I assume people get transfered to an Agent at some point). It’s that Z varable that’s all that we want.

Dial(SIP/user,20,L(360000,360000,1500))

Either that or with an extra 0. Never quite sure if 1 second is 1000ms like in Javascript or 100ms like in other stuff. Then just define all the files as being simple "BEEP"s.

I haven’t played with the MeetMe bridge. But I’m learning myself about these LOCAL trunks. You can place a call to another Context:

Dial(Local/extension@context)

You could use my previous looping dialplan and conference it in as a LOCAL channel.

But I don’t know MeetMe so that’s on you.