Asterisk sip auto-dial

I’m trying to place a test call through asterisk .call files. I’m a newbie so the problem shouldn’t be anything horribly complex. But nonetheless, I’ve relentlessly tried to pursue this problem with a number of configuration changes.

Version: asterisk-1.2.16
For reference: I changed my phone number to 8155551212 for the purpose of concealing my identity.






exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/

exten => s,3,Wait(1)

exten => s,4,Echo

exten => s,5,HangUp() [/quote]

where is
exten => s,1,


I assume you’re alluding to the fact that extension s1 does not exist. I’ve changed it and here is the new output:

[quote] – Attempting call on SIP/ for s@outgoing:1 (Retry 1)
> Channel SIP/ was answered.
– Executing Dial(“SIP/”, “SIP/”) in new stack
– Called
– Got SIP response 484 “Address Incomplete” back from
== No one is available to answer at this time (1:0/0/0)
– Executing Wait(“SIP/”, “1”) in new stack
– Executing Echo(“SIP/”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (outgoing, s, 3) exited non-zero on 'SIP/’
Mar 23 18:26:34 NOTICE[13656]: pbx_spool.c:279 attempt_thread: Call completed to SIP/


EDIT: forgot to reload extensions

A post was split to a new topic: Asterisk Support of HackRF

Start a new thread. I’m closing this one.

No need to close, I split it out to a new topic.