Asterisk PRI timing slip

Hi, i have a new phone system that i just installed running asterisk. It has 2 PRIs in it and a SIP connection. One of the PRIs works fine and never drops calls. The second one however will no longer work after a few hours of running. Whenever someone tries to dial one of the numbers coming in on that PRI they get a busy signal and i can’t even see the call coming in when i’m looking at asterisk -rvvvvv.

The phone company came out and looked at the line and said there were no slips when the line was not hooked up to the phone system.

Rebooting the system will get the line back up for a couple of hours but then it will inevitably drop again.

I was wondering if there was anyway i could run a command to refresh the timing on the PRI without dropping any calls currently on it. And then possibly make a script to run it periodically to bypass this issue.

Otherwise, if anyone has any other ideas what might be going on here please let me know.

Thanks

Digium card(s) terminating those PRIs?

sorry i’m new to this. how would i tell?

lspci should report it - to get your free installation support from our Support team though, you’ll need your serial numbers, which are on the products themselves. Hopefully that was recorded before they were installed in the server, otherwise, unless you’re using TE820’s, you’ll have to open the server and look.

A new feature of the TE820 is that it prints out the serial number to the kernel log. You can see it by doing :

i dont think it’s digium. here’s the output of the lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset DRAM Controller (rev 03)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family PCI Express Port 1 (rev 01)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family PCI Express Port 2 (rev 01)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 01)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev e1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 01)
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation N10/ICH7 Family SATA IDE Controller (rev 01)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family SMBus Controller (rev 01)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 03)
04:04.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8169 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

You don’t appear to have a telephony card at all, at least not a PCI one.

they’re not digium pci cards. they’re a proprietary board that uses a usb signal to communicate with the module.

Best to contact your hardware vendor, let them figure it out.

I’ve tried, they’ve been on the system multiple times to read the logs but they can’t find anything wrong since when the line goes down the phone calls aren’t hitting the system. The phone company is the one who figured out it is a timing issue. I know the system uses the timing provided by the PRIs coming in. So i’m not sure why it’s breaking. Is there anyway to have the system resync the timing periodically? Or is it definitely a hardware issue?