Asterisk inside a NAT, SIP phone inside ANOTHER NAT

I have configure a SIP server in my asterisk system that be placed inside my NAT device(firewall). How can the SIP phone behind anohter nat device connect to the SIP server and work normally?

is it possible to use aix?
if not i have a sip phone working using a vpn connection

just forward the appropriate ports from your public interface to the Asterisk server. it’s up to you how restrictive you make the forwarding, and you’ll need to consult your rtp.conf to establish which ports to forward.

the wiki covers this in detail voip-info.org/

[quote=“baconbuttie”]just forward the appropriate ports from your public interface to the Asterisk server. it’s up to you how restrictive you make the forwarding, and you’ll need to consult your rtp.conf to establish which ports to forward.

the wiki covers this in detail voip-info.org/[/quote]

the problem with the sip is the amount of ports that could be required to be opened… most of my customers just wouldn’t be comportable with that…

granted, but until IAX is the default for VoIP phones, options are limited. VPN is okay, but you’ll need fairly quick endpoints to avoid problems from added latency.

my firewall port forwarding options also allow me to specify the MAC or IP address of the remote machine(s) that can access the forwarded ports. this makes it more reassuring for the most cautious of admins.