Asterisk for multiple virtual PBX system

Greetings

I am new to Asterisk, and we are looking at it as a solution to allow a virtual office system for several users at once.
The setup would be that each user has their own phone number but all phone numbers go to the same incoming line.
I was looking through the Asterisk documentation and I didn’t see an easy way of doing the following:
Setting up a system whereby the person calling is directed to a different extension or menu based on the number that they dialed, given that there are several numbers that go to the same line.
Does anyone out there know of a fast solution for this using the existing scripts that Asterisk uses or would we end up having to develop a custom module using an API to accomplish this.
Is there a variable in the configuration scripting that corresponds to what number you dialed?

Thank you

Tom

This is just some suggestions based on my hands-on experience with Asterisk:
[ol][li]Click to read/download this Asterisk: The Future of Telephony, 2nd Edition e-book to learn on how to configure/maintain/operate a plain/vanilla Asterisk PBX system.[/li]
[li]Avoid all those nice Asterisk GUI distros. It is good to have GUI; however, if you follow the above #1 suggestion, you won’t be needing GUI.[/li][/ol]

[quote=“mazilo”]This is just some suggestions based on my hands-on experience with Asterisk:
[ol][li]Click to read/download this Asterisk: The Future of Telephony, 2nd Edition e-book to learn on how to configure/maintain/operate a plain/vanilla Asterisk PBX system.[/li]
[li]Avoid all those nice Asterisk GUI distros. It is good to have GUI; however, if you follow the above #1 suggestion, you won’t be needing GUI.[/li][/ol][/quote]

Hi Mazilo,

Thanks for sharing the Asterisk PDF ebook. This wil be very helpful for me because I am setting up a fresh Asterisk for a certain business because they want to utilize its virtual PBX capabilities.