Asterisk Errors

I’m seeing the following errors consistently being generated by Asterisk (version asterisk-1.6.1.6) when it gets busy:

ERROR[24419]: pbx.c:8674 device_state_cb: Received invalid event that had no device IE
ERROR[24419]: app_queue.c:810 device_state_cb: Received invalid event that had no device IE
ERROR[24419]: pbx.c:8674 device_state_cb: Received invalid event that had no device IE
ERROR[24419]: app_queue.c:810 device_state_cb: Received invalid event that had no device IE

Does anyone know what they mean? Are the errors to be concerned about?

Thanks,
Scott

See https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15291. If the situation described there applies, this is a bogus error message.

Yes, this does seem to apply; i am getting several AMI Originate requests failing under load. The question becomes why are they failing and shouldn’t I be getting an OriginateResponse failure reason message back? In my case I get nothing back; it goes to my earlier post – the Originate Call seems to just go to never never land? Any ideas why this would happen or how to catch it real time to know that the Originate has failed?