Asterisk DPMA Queues Login

I’ve been struggling for a while now on dynamic queues using Digium D65 phones (without switchvox).

I can see the queues on the phones, however if I hit ‘Login’ but it doesn’t actually log the user in (here’s a video of what I’m talking about).

I’ve looked all through the documentation on what could be causing this issue, and I’ve come up empty.

In res_digium_phone.conf, if I add a location value of ‘PJSIP/6002’, it will log the phone in (however that would be hardcoded to where any phone pressing the login button would be logging in PJSIP/6002, not the current extension).

Executing [proxy@dpma_pjsip_message_context:1] Set(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “MESSAGE(custom_data)=mark_all_outbound”) in new stack
– Executing [proxy@dpma_pjsip_message_context:2] Set(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “MESSAGE_DATA(X-Digium-AppServer-Response-URI)=pjsip:74.205.148.150:11120”) in new stack
– Executing [proxy@dpma_pjsip_message_context:3] Set(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “MESSAGE_DATA(X-Digium-AppServer-Response-FullContact)=”) in new stack
– Executing [proxy@dpma_pjsip_message_context:4] MessageSend(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “digium_phone:blah”) in new stack
– Executing [proxy@dpma_pjsip_message_context:5] Hangup(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (dpma_pjsip_message_context, proxy, 5) exited non-zero on ‘Message/ast_msg_queue’
– Executing [digium_phone_module@dpma_pjsip_message_context:1] Set(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “MESSAGE(custom_data)=mark_all_outbound”) in new stack
– Executing [digium_phone_module@dpma_pjsip_message_context:2] Set(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “TMP_RESPONSE_URI=pjsip:74.205.148.150:11120;transport=udp”) in new stack
– Executing [digium_phone_module@dpma_pjsip_message_context:3] Set(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “MESSAGE_DATA(Request-URI)=”) in new stack
– Executing [digium_phone_module@dpma_pjsip_message_context:4] Set(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “MESSAGE_DATA(X-Digium-AppServer-Response-URI)=”) in new stack
– Executing [digium_phone_module@dpma_pjsip_message_context:5] Set(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “MESSAGE_DATA(X-Digium-AppServer-Response-FullContact)=”) in new stack
– Executing [digium_phone_module@dpma_pjsip_message_context:6] MessageSend(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “pjsip:74.205.148.150:11120;transport=udp,proxy”) in new stack
– Executing [digium_phone_module@dpma_pjsip_message_context:7] Hangup(“Message/ast_msg_queue”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (dpma_pjsip_message_context, digium_phone_module, 7) exited non-zero on ‘Message/ast_msg_queue’

Any ideas what I could be missing?

Am I supposed to be using “Local” Channels for handling logging in/out queue members? (I’m not entirely sure what local channels are generally used for)

Local channels are used to redirect dial attempts through a dialplan of your choice if that makes sense.

You don’t need to use them at all.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Local+Channel

Local channels look like real, external, channels, but allow you to run dialplan code, which may include “dialing” an onwards call.

In the context of a queue, a local channel can represent a particular agent, and then check to see if they are logged, in and, if so from where, then make a call out to the agent’s current location. If you put the agent phone directly as a queue member, the system would not know whether there was anyone there, and the agent would always have to use the same desk.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.