Asterisk deployment on EKS

Hello everyone,

I’m new here and hoping to get some guidance. I’ve successfully created a Docker image of the Asterisk server. My goal is to deploy it onto my EKS cluster. Here’s where I could use some assistance: I have a dedicated subdomain set up specifically for the Asterisk server.

Currently, I’m using an ALB Ingress for several regular web applications, managing traffic through HTTP and HTTPS. These applications are load-balanced based on their hostnames. Now, I’d like to integrate the Asterisk server into this setup.

Could someone guide me on what steps I need to take to incorporate the Asterisk server into the existing ALB Ingress setup? Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Do you have experience with VoIP protocols? They’re vastly different than HTTP/HTTPS, and for such a deployment you need experience and an understanding of VoIP itself.

Thank you for your quick and kind reply. I’m new to VoIP protocols and eager to begin learning. Can you provide guidance on what I should focus on to successfully deploy the server?

The primary ones would be SIP, RTP, SDP. For example IP addresses are embedded in SIP and SDP, and UDP is used for RTP, so load balancing is not as easy as HTTP(S).

Hi jcolp,

I’ve been delving into VoIP and decided to practice by deploying an Asterisk server on my EKS cluster. My goal is to connect two softphones for testing purposes, but I’m having trouble reaching the server. Could you guide me on how to properly configure my Service YAML file?

Here’s my current configuration:

yamlCopy code

apiVersion: apps/v1
kind: Deployment
metadata:
name: asterisk-deployment
namespace: integrations-app
spec:
replicas: 1
selector:
matchLabels:
app: asterisk-app
template:
metadata:
labels:
spec:
containers:
- name: asterisk-app
image: ############### # Insert your Asterisk image here
ports:
- containerPort: 5060

---
apiVersion: v1
kind: Service
metadata:
  namespace: integrations-app
  name: asterisk-app-service
  labels:
  annotations:
spec:
  type: LoadBalancer
  selector:
  ports:
    - port: 5060
      targetPort: 5060

I believe there might be an issue with my Service YAML. Any guidance or corrections would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help!

Best regards,Yehoshooa

Nope. I don’t do Kubernetes.

ok , thanks any way, Now I was able to access asterisk, I just configured my service to NLB (Network Load Balancer),
How do you recommend making the Asterisk server accessible from the Internet?i also now integrating a opensips proxy with it.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.