Asterisk Bind & Attended Transfer

The way I do a park at my shop is to transfer the caller to extension 200 (that’s what my parking lot number is). * announces the slot back to me and I tell my folks to pick up the line (701-704).

Ok… and I am assuming that I am not understanding something in the setup, so please bear with me.

I have 5200 set up as number to dial. I make a test call in and with call connected I dial 5200. Nothing but the tones pass and no indication that asterisk hears it in CLI. If I trnafer the call manuall (either with hardphone or by dialling ## I can send it to 5200 and I here the park extension announced.

Am I incorrect in assuming that the system should allow me to simply dial the 5200 while in the live call?

No. You should probably be doing something like *25200 or ###5200.

Dialing 5200 by itself (see my other snippet above in this thread) indicates to * that you want to connect to extension 5200.

you are actually creating a “combined command” here - the *2 or ### tells * to activate the transfer feature; 5200 tells * where to transfer to.

Thanks again. Makes functional sense to me and I ‘get it’.

Just a curiousity question or thought though… Why does the GUI specify in the Call Parking settings “Extension to Dial…” but no where is there reference to it not being a function like the direct transfer keys (##). I geuss to my thinking your being forced to do a few extra steps to accomplish what should be a pretty simple process.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the help and education on the issues! Learned a lot here.

Don’t know - maybe we’ve been mucking around with phone systems too long!
Look like it got sorted.

Enjoy your new system!