Asterisk ARI Ghost Channels

I’m getting a intermittent problem where channelid’s are listed for an ARI endpoint query (for example GET /ari/endpoints/SIP/601), but they don’t show in the CLI, and they don’t seem to exist on the SIP phones (Cisco SPA504g)

Restarting the affected phones doesn’t help. killing and rerunning asterisk clears the channels.

I Also tried running an ARI DELETE on the channelid and that said the channel didn’t exist.


voipCLI> sip show channels
Peer User/ANR Call ID Format Hold Last Message Expiry Peer
0 active SIP dialogs

voipCLI> core show channels
Channel Location State Application(Data)
0 active channels
0 active calls
50 calls processed

$wtf = json_decode(CallAPI(“GET”, “”));
php >
php > var_dump($wtf);
object(stdClass)#2 (4) {
string(3) “SIP”
string(6) “online”
string(3) “601”
array(2) {
string(14) “1401345592.112”
string(14) “1401345569.107”


You’ll get better responses to on the mailing list here: … sk-app-dev

ARI’s still pretty new, and I haven’t seen many on the forums dabbling in it yet.


Thanks, I ended up rewriting my phone status checking function with the asterisk manager interface instead - it’s a bit nasty as it polls rather than using push notification/events.