Asterisk Addons

Hi All,

Has anyone managed to compile the asterisk-addons package on Sun systems? I’m after the format_mp3 module but am having some difficulty compiling it on a Solaris 10 on Intel (32 bit version).

My initiall problems were related to the included path, where it was not finding the asterisk headers, I updated the “-I” parameters and I got a little further.

The next issue was with “endian.h” in format_mp3.c, theres a check to see if we’re running linux or not and then to include the appropriate “endian.h”, I updated those lines and moved a little further.

I’m now at a point where I’m getting the following error when compiling:

gmake ./mkdep -fPIC -I../asterisk-1.2.6/include -D_GNU_SOURCE `ls *.c` gmake -C format_mp3 all gmake[1]: Entering directory `/export/home/vzhsxn/asterisk/compile/asterisk-addons-1.2.2/format_mp3' gcc -pipe -fPIC -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../asterisk-1.2.6/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -c -o common.o common.c gcc -pipe -fPIC -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../asterisk-1.2.6/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -c -o dct64_i386.o dct64_i386.c gcc -pipe -fPIC -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../asterisk-1.2.6/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -c -o decode_ntom.o decode_ntom.c gcc -pipe -fPIC -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../asterisk-1.2.6/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -c -o layer3.o layer3.c gcc -pipe -fPIC -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../asterisk-1.2.6/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -c -o tabinit.o tabinit.c gcc -pipe -fPIC -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../asterisk-1.2.6/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -c -o interface.o interface.c gcc -pipe -fPIC -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../asterisk-1.2.6/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -c -o format_mp3.o format_mp3.c In file included from ../../asterisk-1.2.6/include/asterisk/channel.h:109, from format_mp3.c:21: ../../asterisk-1.2.6/include/asterisk/frame.h:289: error: syntax error before "u_int16_t" ../../asterisk-1.2.6/include/asterisk/frame.h:289: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union ../../asterisk-1.2.6/include/asterisk/frame.h:299: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `data' ../../asterisk-1.2.6/include/asterisk/frame.h:299: warning: data definition has no type or storage class ../../asterisk-1.2.6/include/asterisk/frame.h:300: error: syntax error before '}' token In file included from format_mp3.c:21: ../../asterisk-1.2.6/include/asterisk/channel.h: In function `ast_select': ../../asterisk-1.2.6/include/asterisk/channel.h:1158: warning: implicit declaration of function `timersub' gmake[1]: *** [format_mp3.o] Error 1 gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/vzhsxn/asterisk/compile/asterisk-addons-1.2.2/format_mp3' gmake: *** [format_mp3/format_mp3.so] Error 2

I would appreciate any help/suggestions to get this working.

Thanks
Asgaroth

are you using sun studio or gcc?

I have found that GCC4 from sun has issues…

I’m using the gcc compiler that comes with solaris 10 (GCC v3.4.2)

I didnt realise that we could compile asterisk with sun studio? Have you managed to compile it with studio 11?

Thanks
Asgaroth