Asterisk 1.6.0 or trunk and kde are uncompatible?

Is there a favor for gnome and gtk ?

asterisk needs gmime.h, needs gtk-sharp2-gapi …

Do we need all gnome?

NEITHER!!!

you should not have X running at all and definitaly not a desktop.

Ian

asterisk needs gmime.h, needs gtk-sharp2-gapi, and this needs GTK to compile. Why?

I’ve tried this with both 1.6.0 and trunk.

[quote=“filippos”]asterisk needs gmime.h, needs gtk-sharp2-gapi, and this needs GTK to compile. Why?

I’ve tried this with both 1.6.0 and trunk.[/quote]
I can concur with what ianplan had said above. I had no problem to compile asterisk-1.6.0-beta9 on OpenWRT SVN trunk which doesn’t have any support for KDE nor GNOME. As a matter of fact, there is not any gmime.h file on any subdir of the stagging directory on my OpenWRT SVN directory.

Then probably I’m seeing ghosts.

/trunk/res/res_http_post.c

33 #include "asterisk.h"
35 ASTERISK_FILE_VERSION(FILE, “$Revision: 111213 $”)
37 #include <sys/stat.h>
38 #include <fcntl.h>
39 #include <gmime/gmime.h>
41 #include "asterisk/linkedlists.h"
42 #include "asterisk/http.h"
43 #include “asterisk/paths.h” /* use ast_config_AST_DATA_DIR */
44 #include “asterisk/tcptls.h”

No and you don’t see any GNOME ghost on the Asterisk source. gmime.h is one of the include files from GMIME (GNOME MIME package for handling/parsing messages). You don’t have to have GNOME.to compile GMIME. As a matter of fact, the ONLY requirement to compile GMIME is glib-1.2.x (GNU library package). As such, Asterisk (up to 1.6.0-beta9, AFAIK) doesn’t need GNOME nor KDE to compile.

Just to add,

I compiled 1.6 beta 9 on my Centos x86_64 ESX guest in runlevel 3 and without any X libraries even installed.

Works great.

No and you don’t see any GNOME ghost on the Asterisk source. gmime.h is one of the include files from GMIME (GNOME MIME package for handling/parsing messages). You don’t have to have GNOME.to compile GMIME. As a matter of fact, the ONLY requirement to compile GMIME is glib-1.2.x (GNU library package). As such, Asterisk (up to 1.6.0-beta9, AFAIK) doesn’t need GNOME nor KDE to compile.[/quote]

GMIME needs gtk-sharp2-gapi which is .net and mono library not glib-1.2.x library. Download the following file and see. In ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.2/glib-1.2.10.tar.gz there is no gmime.h file.

Why do we need mono, .net or gnome to compile *?

Have a look here and it says GLIB is the only required package to compile GMIME.

If you run make menuselect, you will likely see it not able to be installed and show you its dependancies. But that is just for that particular resource module. If the ./configure script does not detect the required libraries when run, it won’t allow the installation of that feature, but it does not prevent you from installing asterisk without those functions.

For example, if you don’t have the ODBC libraries installed, you lose the ability to install cdr_adaptive_odbc, but that doesn’t prevent you from running asterisk and getting text cdr’s.

mazilo,
please check it for yourself it’s here: ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.2/glib-1.2.10.tar.gz

davevg,
If I could execute menuselect I would.
make stops with error lacking gmime.h

Something is not right local on that box. Try starting from scratch again.

make distclean
./configure

During which you should see something like this in the output scrolling by:
checking for gmime-config… no

Then you can go into menuselect with this:

make menuselect

To choose to enable/disable features, choose alternate sound files, etc… Then you can go ahead with the make.

If you point your web browser to GMIME site, you will see GLIB is the ONLY required GNU library package to compile GMIME.

BTW, my OpenWRT SVN trunk doesn’t even have gtk-sharp2-gapi package, yet I have no problem to compile asterisk-1.6.0-beta9 and am using it on my LaFonera WiFi router as seen below:

[code]BusyBox v1.8.2 (2008-07-24 11:07:47 EDT) built-in shell (ash)
Enter ‘help’ for a list of built-in commands.

| |.-----.-----.-----.| | | |.----.| |_
| - || _ | -| || | | || || |
|
_____|| |
||||___||| |____|
|
| W I R E L E S S F R E E D O M
KAMIKAZE (bleeding edge, r11979) -------------------

• 10 oz Vodka Shake well with ice and strain
  • 10 oz Triple sec mixture into 10 shot glasses.
  • 10 oz lime juice Salute!

root@Fonerisk:~# rasterisk
Asterisk 1.6.0-beta9, Copyright © 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer markster@digium.com
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type ‘core show warranty’ for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type ‘core show license’ for details.

Connected to Asterisk 1.6.0-beta9 currently running on Fonerisk (pid = 926)
Verbosity is at least 4
Fonerisk*CLI>[/code]

./configure --with-gmime=no
and make menuselect un-selecting res_http so it can be fixed without gmime.
solves the compiling problem.

But, this is not what I pointed out.

If anybody wants to use http he couldn’t do this 'cause of gmime, so he misses a lot of asterisk usability.