Asterisk 1.4 & externip trouble

Hi all!

I have two Asterisk boxes, one old with 1.2.4 and one new with 1.4.0. Both are in DMZ (so behind NAT) a have very similar configuration. Ports are forwarded from the router to both boxes (box one: 5060,10000-12000, box two: 6060,20000-22000).

And now, my problem is:

1. Box with 1.2 running without any problem about an year
  2. Box with 1.4 ignores setting of externip and all the time puts local address to the contact field in SIP and to the SDP also => no audio.

Do you have some suggestion what to do or do you know workaround? Or you are using externip with 1.4 without troubles?

Thanx!

kokoska.rokoska

[quote=“kokoska.rokoska”]Hi all!

I have two Asterisk boxes, one old with 1.2.4 and one new with 1.4.0. Both are in DMZ (so behind NAT) a have very similar configuration. Ports are forwarded from the router to both boxes (box one: 5060,10000-12000, box two: 6060,20000-22000).

And now, my problem is:

1. Box with 1.2 running without any problem about an year
  2. Box with 1.4 ignores setting of externip and all the time puts local address to the contact field in SIP and to the SDP also => no audio.

Do you have some suggestion what to do or do you know workaround? Or you are using externip with 1.4 without troubles?

Thanx!
[/quote]

I have made some deeper research and found following:
Asterisk 1.4.0 ignores externip because its own local ip is “outside” localnet setting (I need it due to cooperation with OpenSER).
Asterisk 1.2.4 with local ip outside localnet setting works fine…

Do you have any suggestions how to configure Asterisk 1.4.0 to use externip (in contact field and in SDP too) in communication with OpenSER on same machine on different port?

Thanx!

kokoska.rokoska