Asterisk 1.4.3 Unknown on Zap Calls in CLI

I was running asterisk 1.4.2 and I installed 1.4.3 and updated zaptel from 1.4.1 to

After the update all my zap channels are coming up as ‘Unknown’ in CLI. This does not matter if it is on my TE110P or TDM400P. I can received the calls and they end but the never show zap1 instead just show ‘Unknown’.

-- Executing [s@mainmenu:1] GotoIf("**Unknown**", "?blacklisted|s|1") in new stack
-- Executing [s@mainmenu:2] Answer("**Unknown**", "") in new stack
-- Executing [s@mainmenu:3] SetMusicOnHold("**Unknown**", "default") in new stack
-- Executing [s@mainmenu:4] Set("**Unknown**", "TIMEOUT(response)=10") in new stack
-- Hungup '**Unknown**'

If I remove asterisk 1.4.3 and go back to 1.4.2 the errors go away and it looks like this…

– Executing [s@mainmenu:1] GotoIf(“Zap/1-1”, “?blacklisted|s|1”) in new stack
– Executing [s@mainmenu:2] Answer(“Zap/1-1”, “”) in new stack
– Executing [s@mainmenu:3] SetMusicOnHold(“Zap/1-1”, “default”) in new stack
– Executing [s@mainmenu:4] Set(“Zap/1-1”, “TIMEOUT(response)=10”) in new stack

I hope you follow the right procedure in upgrading your asterisk server from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 and Zaptel from 1.4.1 to You will have to upgrade the zaptel first before upgrading the asterisk. Like this;

  1. stop asterisk server.

  2. cd into the zaptel directory after unzipping (or tar zxvf zapte-

  3. then do ./configure, then make menuselect (and make your changes if you have any)

  4. do a make clean, followed by make and make install. This will install all necessary files including a new zaptel.conf. so u have to do a modprobe again to get all your cards detected, and followed by ztcfg.

  5. Again, cd into your asterisk directory after unzipping. (Like 2 above)

  6. follow the normal step. i.e ./configure, make menuselect, make uninstall (I always do this and it worked for me), make clean, make, and make install. Reboot the server.

This should give you a perfect upgrade with out any issues.