Asterisk 1.4.22 crashes (daily)

it seems I’m currently plagued with Asterisk problems. I recently upgraded to Asterisk 1.4.22 and Dahdi 2.1.0 so our TC400B transcoder card would be supported. The transcoder card is working fine, but Asterisk is having bigger problems. At least once a day, Asterisk stops processing calls. I can still get into the CLI, but there is no activity. Trying to stop Asterisk (/etc/init.d/asterisk stop) fails and I’m left with a defunct process. This is in an office with about 150 users on the phone system. The only thing I see in the log file when the crash occurs is a bunch of messages like this:

[Dec 30 18:34:58] ERROR[32297] chan_sip.c: We could NOT get the channel lock for SIP/XXXXXXX-05977080!
[Dec 30 18:34:58] ERROR[32297] chan_sip.c: SIP transaction failed: 6cd536e43d74b5865aecb3a1104ea668@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

The other thing I’ve noticed is after hours when nobody is on the system, if I run a “sip show channels” it will still show active communications that I know are not happening. I tried grabbing the latest release candidate for 1.4.23, but that has the same problem.

I’m about ready to downgrade, but the only “stable” version I know takes me back to pre-Dahdi, and I really don’t feel like going back to zaptel and losing the transcoder card support. It’s possible I should stick with 1.4.20 and buy software g729 licenses as we have the processing power for them. I don’t see much other choice, as crashing one or two times a day is pretty unacceptable for a call center. In the meantime I have a 700 user site on 1.4.20, running without the slightest problem. Any input is much appreciated.

I DID post about calls dropping with a “getdtmf” error about a week ago which I’ve yet to look into, as this problem has been happening and it’s a bit more important than losing a few calls.

Thanks,

FYI: the only functional difference I’ve seen between 1.4.22 and 1.4.23-rc3 is the addition of the “WARNING[4793] channel.c: Unable to handle indication -1 for ‘SIP/XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX-ac35b5b0’” error messages, which although annoying to see, do not seem to be causing us any functional problems.