Asterisk 1.4.0 - cdr_odbc.so modules not made

Greetings to all,

I have been building and building asterisk 1.4.0 like a nut but it does not seem to ever build the odbc.so files, cdr_odbc.so, res_odbc.so and res_config_odbc.so.

Asterisk 1.4.0 works tip-top, everything does, except this.

I’m new to this odbc / cdr odbc stuff so be gentle!

I’m trying to setup my cdr on odbc, failing dismally up to now.

I understand I’m probably missing packages?

I do have myodbc, unixodbc and unixodbc-dev installed. I’m not exactly sure what else I can install. Libpri 1.4, Zaptel 1.4, Asterisk 1.4 and Asterisk Addons 1.4 all build flawlessly and work very well. Aside from the odbc thing.

I’m running Debian Etch 4.0, kernel 2.6.18-3 (required because of hardware).

The machine was blank before I started, and maybe I missed something about the packages needed to build those modules.

I can post whatever file you need (the config.log file?).

Maybe there’s something I missed, somewhere, maybe I’ve been looking at this all the time and it’s right in front of me. Can someone please point out to me what exactly is going on?

Many thanks to all of you,

X

[quote=“xmarksthespot”]Greetings to all,

I have been building and building asterisk 1.4.0 like a nut but it does not seem to ever build the odbc.so files, cdr_odbc.so, res_odbc.so and res_config_odbc.so.

Asterisk 1.4.0 works tip-top, everything does, except this.

I’m new to this odbc / cdr odbc stuff so be gentle!

I’m trying to setup my cdr on odbc, failing dismally up to now.

I understand I’m probably missing packages?

I do have myodbc, unixodbc and unixodbc-dev installed. I’m not exactly sure what else I can install. Libpri 1.4, Zaptel 1.4, Asterisk 1.4 and Asterisk Addons 1.4 all build flawlessly and work very well. Aside from the odbc thing.

I’m running Debian Etch 4.0, kernel 2.6.18-3 (required because of hardware).

The machine was blank before I started, and maybe I missed something about the packages needed to build those modules.

I can post whatever file you need (the config.log file?).

Maybe there’s something I missed, somewhere, maybe I’ve been looking at this all the time and it’s right in front of me. Can someone please point out to me what exactly is going on?

Many thanks to all of you,

X[/quote]

Did you run the following command first before compiling:

Matt Brooks
Digium, Inc.

Whoa! Holy menu! New in 1.4?

I guess I missed that, I selected the cdr things and the odbc stuff and it built my modules, plus a lot more I don’t care about but it’s all good!

Many thanks to you sir!

I checked the README file and there’s nothing about menuselect, so maybe that’s why.

I hope this clarifies stuff for people who want modules that aren’t getting built.

So this is solved and for the sake of creating precedent:

#./configure
#make menuselect
#make
#make install

Thanks again!