[ast 1.4.35] Parking call the second time

Hello.
I’m answearing the call, next I’m parking it, go to another telephone, dial 701, and get the calller on the line.
Next I would like to park the same call the second time, but I can not. At my pbx #3 park a call. When I’m trying click #3 the pbx do not response, and the caller only hears that I’m clicking some tones and I have still the caller on the line.

Is it normal?

Regards.

CentOS 5.5
AST 1.4.35

Can you duplicate this with the latest release of 1.4? 1.4.38?

In your scenario then:
Phone A parks Caller A at 700. Asterisk reads back the lot.
Phone B retrieves Caller A from the lot.
Phone B then wants to park Caller A at 700. Fail?

[quote=“malcolmd”]Can you duplicate this with the latest release of 1.4? 1.4.38?

In your scenario then:
Phone A parks Caller A at 700. Asterisk reads back the lot.
Phone B retrieves Caller A from the lot.
Phone B then wants to park Caller A at 700. Fail?[/quote]

Exactly you wrote. When Phone B retrieves Caller A from the lot, and next wants to park Caller at 700 (pushing #3 at my pbx), the PBX do nothing, and the Caller only hears tones which I’m pushing.

At this momment I’m using 1.4.35 because on higher versions MOH with parked calls do not work.

Regards.

Is there an issue in the issue tracker for the MOH problem?

I think that it is that issue: issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18262

Regards.

We’re tracking that issue, but haven’t been able to put any time towards it. Ignoring the MOH problem, does the call parking problem happen w/ the latest 1.4 also?

Sorry for late, I will check it and let you know.

Regards.

I installed 1.6.2.15 by mistake on a system I just built and have this same issue with the 2nd parking of a call.

Would a roll-back to 1.6.2.13 fix the problem or do I need to install the patch.

I’ve never patched Asterisk before what are the steps and where do I get this particular patch?

Howdy,

The patch is contained in the issue report:
issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18262

Grab the patch, put it in your Asterisk source directory, then run:

patch -p0 < mypatch.txt

or whatever the name of the patch is.

Thanks Malcom,

I dowloaded the patch with the wget option on the other page and applied it with the wget option, Then I did another make and make install. I still can’t park a call a second time.

My symptoms are exactly like the original post on this thread. If I park a call once and retrieve it I cannot park it again with ##70 both partyies hear me key in ##70 and nothing happens.

I am on Asterisk 1.6.2.15 with dahdi 2.4.0 and freepbx 2.7.0.

I used the patch_park_moh-trunk-2.txt file

Hi,

Best to open a separate issue on the tracker then. :frowning: