Anonymous calls getting hung up on by digium phones

Hi, whenever a caller who does not have a caller ID calls into our system, they can listen to recordings, but as soon as they talk to a person, they get hung up on and this error spits out into the console:
[Feb 16 15:57:13] WARNING[2199][C-00000001]: chan_sip.c:22733 handle_response_invite: Re-invite to non-existing call leg on other UA. SIP dialog '13314621-3570044215-94998@msw1.telengy.net’. Giving up.
[Feb 16 15:57:14] WARNING[2199][C-00000001]: chan_sip.c:22733 handle_response_invite: Re-invite to non-existing call leg on other UA. SIP dialog '13314621-3570044215-94998@msw1.telengy.net’. Giving up.

How can I fix this?

Setting pedantic=no may disable the check. SORRY That won’t help. It is the far side that is failing to match.

Replacing the phones by SIP compliant phones should also help.

As you say it only happens for anonymous calls, you could try forcing an acceptable caller ID value in the dialplan.

[quote=“david55”]Setting pedantic=no may disable the check. SORRY That won’t help. It is the far side that is failing to match.

Replacing the phones by SIP compliant phones should also help.

As you say it only happens for anonymous calls, you could try forcing an acceptable caller ID value in the dialplan.[/quote]
Setting pedantic=no did nothing. I also tried to manually set the caller id in the dial plan to 12341234 and the problem still happens. If you listen carefully you can hear the other party (if blocked) for the slightest second before it hangs up and spits the error.

The phones are Digium D50’s. Are they not SIP compliant?

I did correct myself about pedantic.

Either Asterisk is not SIP compliant or the phones are not sip compliant. My bets would be on the phones.

At this point, you need to provide a SIP trace of the INVITE and any subsequent re-INVITE, so that one can see exactly what is happening.

Actually, at this point, you should contact Digium directly for Support.

Please do so, we don’t do support on these forums.

You may contact our Support department directly by using the methods outlined here:

digium.com/en/support/contact